Saturday, November 7, 2009

Infants in the House

One week ago Thursday, our dog, Diva, had puppies.
There were three puppies. Emergency C-Section. The first was born dead.....


And they revived him!!!! He was 18 ounces, the biggest puppy we have ever had at this house.

And he was just green for his first day.


Then there was a girl. And guess what? She was 20 ounces! Huge!!!!


Then came the last one. She was....

tiny.


The vet told us not to count on her. She could very easily die. She was premature. She didn't look totally pre-me or anything, like she was totally formed and stuff, had sharp nails and fur (though her face was sort of pink because the fur was so thin...). She was just teeny! So my parents built an oxygen tank and she used it for the first couple of days. It looks like she's gonna make it!!!

So now they have grown a bit, their pigment become blacker, their eyes open a teeny bit in the corners (boy, it must suck to be blind and deaf), etc. The first two right now are pigs!!! I guess I can't really call "Mouse" that, though.

They are all total CUTIES!!!



Okay sorry..... I still need to put those pics up..... now here is more I'll need to....

1 comment:

jessie dryden said...

I can't wait to see pictures!