Monday, April 5, 2010

The Jocular Moments/Notes of Today

1.) In class, I yelled a bunch in the Battle of the Brats.
2.) We found Sophie licking half a river rock all over. (don't ask me where it came from... I dunno.) Apparently Grandpa told her it was a chocolate rock.
3.) During FHE, we sang "Popcorn Popping." Let me remind you of the lyrics... "I looked out the window and what did I see? Popcorn popping on the apricot tree! I can take an arm full and make a treat. A popcorn ball that would smell so sweet. It wasn't really so, but it seemed to me- Like popcorn popping on the apricot tree." So you see the last line which I put in bold? Soooo.... Would anyone explain to me the point of this song???
4.) Mom did a lesson on not being idle. Then we started talking about how cleanness brings the Spirit more. Eric said something along the lines of, "Um, if everybody loves each other, um, then the house is clean. Um, if everybody hates each other, then the house is dirty."
5.) I just published this post and then remembered a few things that I had forgotten (such as to put on a title) when I heard Rachel. I walked over. The bathroom door was wide open and Rachel was using the shower curtain to hide herself. Her soaking head was peeking out of the shower because Sophie kept asking her for a hug and kiss. Like she wasn't in the shower. Rachel had to lean one arm out and give Sophie a wet half-hug. Then I had to pick Sophie up and wash her hands because she had gotten soap on her hands (I accidentally turned on the "Hot" handle... "Ow!"). Then when I was taking her out, her elbow bumped the light and it turned off. We laughed and I turned it back on. For some reason I put the stinker back down, and she ran back and plunged her hands back in the shower in the water. So I made her dry her hands again and sent her out, deciding it would definitely be best to lock the door. I accidentally turned the light off again instead. Rachel and I laughed and decided it would be funny (but scary for Rach) if I accidentally flicked off the light and locked the door.

***Side not #1: I found the word "jocular" in the "Webster's New World Pocket Thesaurus Second Edition."***
***Side note #2: We are reading The Secret Garden in Drama. She picked me and this one boy to read some lines, and she made us over do it. So, sorry to disappoint you, but it wasn't me finally coming out of my mostly quietness.***
***Side note #3: Eric had been trying to put love into the lesson from the beginning. Love does go into that lesson, but it was completely random every time he tried to squeeze it in and show off how smart he was to the family.***


No comments: