Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Twists and Twirls of Math

About two weeks ago we took a test in math.
Let me tell you.
I studied.
But it was HARD.
And to make it worse, we had a sub that day. SO then, Mrs. Clement said...
"I got only got to finish grading two of them. One of them was Katie's, and let me tell you that she didn't do as well as she normally does. You know she normally gets."
And guess what. The class all sighed in unison, "A hundred." That's not completely true, I guess... I mean I have gotten a lot of really high scores and more than one hundred percents....
Then, people were like, "I bet she just got like a 98% or somethin." Psssht.
Yeah.... ummmm.... I got the test back......
-16/39 + 3 bonus = 26/39 = 67% = D
Did I freak out? Yep.
Almost everybody did bad. Mrs. Clement said she must not have taught it right or something. So, last week she let everybody retake the test. She went over all the answers and how to do it, and then changed the numbers on the test.
-1/39 + 4 bonus = 42/39 = 108% = A

No comments: