After church on Sunday, my actual birthday, our parents surprised us by taking us to the wooded mountains for a few hours. Actually, I wasn't surprised. I figured it out after my mom said some things like, "How about we do a campfire dinner like shishcabobs (spelling?) in the pit in the backyard, you know, just to change it up?" But who cares if it wasn't really a surprise? It was a two hour drive to the mountains. When we got there, we were able to drive around some more and view the beautiful scenery. Then we stopped and took a walk. Although we had to be careful because of the occasional sharp drop on one side of the path, this too was beautiful. The forests everywhere were such a lush green.
I was given four presents. One had two Hershey's Cookie and Cream King-Sized bars (which I split with everyone). I also got two pairs of cute high heels (because Rachel, who is already taller than me, has so many and I don't). My last present, like the trip to the mountains, didn't surprise me too much either, and it contained one piece of paper. It was a picture of a bunch of iPods, Generation 5 like Rachel and my cousins. That meant that when we got home, we ordered my own iPod. It is purple and at least half of the the songs are church songs. I love it! So, the reason I was suspecting getting an iPod was that, after going out to dinner the Friday before, we walked to the Apple store so my mom could "look at getting an iPod for when she goes running." I believed her at first, but then when she started asking me my opinion, I realized they were really going to get one for me.
The most gorgeous thing was the sunset. We walked where the trees weren't blocking our view and watched the beautiful sight. The sun was like a large tangerine, and the sky appeared to have different layers of blue, pink, and orange.
What a relief it was that it was fall break the next day and we didn't have to rush too much.
I was so grateful to my family for doing this for me. It surely was the best fourteenth birthday I could have had.


No comments:
Post a Comment