Friday, August 15, 2008

B-day Boy

Yesterday was Adam's 8th birthday. We woke up, and then had chocolate chip pancakes as Adam said he wanted. Then we went to school...











Lately Adam has been saying he really wants a beadrded dragon, a type of lizzard.













So after we home from school, Eric told Adam, "Your not gonna get a bearded dragon."


"Shhh, Eric." said Mom.


"Wait," Adam said. "So I'm not getting a bearded dragon?!"


Mom sighed. "Sorry, Adam, but we just couldn't get you one. Is that okay?"


Adam sighed. "Yeah... I guess..." His voice sounded really sad, and then he sighed again. "Well, I really wanted a bearded dragon."


"Well," Dad suddenly piped in. "We did get you a new backpack! Is that an okay present?"


"Yeah, I guess," Adam said again.


"Your cousins are coming over soon, so before your cousins get here and before we show you the backpack, how 'bout we hide the backpack upstairs and then you go and find it.

They hid the backpack, and Adam went up to find it. It took me a couple minutes before I went upstairs, and when I did, I found the backpack right next to a huge tank...

And would you guess what it was?






Not a bearded dragon, but I type of lizzard even better!



"Thank you!" Adam exclaimed after holding the new pet, Rocky. "This is the best birthday present EVER!!"

I guess that'll one more pet on the pet list; I'm not sure if you've seen the post from a couple weeks ago about our pets...

No comments: