Saturday, August 2, 2008

New Obsession


All of you know about my obsession about Titanic. I know almost every answer, can draw the Titanic in a way that it actually looks like her, and much more. In 4th grade every time I'd say anything that had to do with the ship (and even any other ship that sunk, which I have to say I'm not that, uh, big about the sinking of other ships, or at least not as much as the Titanic...) my friends would groan.
But now....

Anastasia.

While my family and I were in San Clemente, I watched the movie Anastasia. I had seen this movie before when I was younger, but I had never understood it. I didn't know that Anastasia was a real princess. In fact I didn't even know Anastasia was a princess... even in the movie!!! So while the movie was paused my mom explained the story of the Russian family, and the massacre in 1918. Then she said that years later they did not find her body, so pretty much Anastasia had escaped. Well yesterday I asked my cousin if she had seen the movie. She said yes and then my other cousin said something about teenagers finding her bodie a few months ago, so she actually hadn't escaped. I was really shocked. So since last night at midnight I have been totally into looking at pictures of her and looking at stuff on the Internet about her and asking my mom and my cousins about her.

So beware. This obsession could last one week or still not be over after two years (like Titanic). But don't get me wrong, I am still COMPLETELY into Titanic. There's nothing wrong with having two obsessions, is there?

6 comments:

jessie dryden said...

i don't think i've seen "anastasia" (hope i spelled it right) but i finished "the diary of anne frank" a little while ago and i had a SMALL obsession with that. i'm pretty sure they have a little to do with eachother. you know sorta like a war... and death... idk!:D
c ya!

Katie said...

well war had nothing to do with Anastasia... it was a revolution, since, you know, she was a princess, a grand dutchess....

jessie dryden said...

ya...... but SORTA like a war right?

Katie said...

yeahhhh.... i guess

Christina said...

Katie, this is Christina's mom. I love your blog & I LOVE Anastasia! What a classic movie. I'll have to make sure to show it to our family.

Hannah said...

i dont have an obsession, unless nick jonas counts