Doesn't everyone want to moan when they wake up and remember the word "chores"? I felt this way especially when I remembered that it is Saturday, AKA "deep cleaning" day. It felt like I had just scrubbed the whole upstairs bathroom from top to bottom for when our cousins came from Wyoming! But, nope. The week flew by and suddenly it's Saturday all over again. Luckily it was my turn to do the tiny downstairs bathroom, which is much easier. I was able to do it quickly and easily. I felt relief flow through me, that I had just done it as soon as I finished breakfast instead of procrastinating and saving it for later in the day. After that I decided I might as well clean the kitchen- I loaded and ran the dishwasher, wiped off the counters and table, and vaccuumed. The only thing I was asked to do after the bathroom was the dishwasher. You know, I have come to find that, even if you don't enjoy the work, you enjoy life itself much better if you can learn to just do it, and go the extra mile! You can feel the Spirit a lot better when everything is clean, too. And now I get to spend the rest of the day doing all the fun stuff- reading, writing, blogging, swimming!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment