Here are things that will be absolutely necessary for me to be successful this school year.
- Every school day, get up at six o'clock ON THE NOSE. No sleeping in, even if I'm tired and want to sleep in just a few minutes. This way I can not be rushed, and we can do our daily family scripture studying.
- Get my homework done ASAP. There will be no messing around right after school, even though my brain always feels fried after a day of work. Also, I will not spend more time than I need to on unimportant assignments. (I have learned the hard way that it doesn't help anything.) This way, I can not feel stressed, and
- Go to bed on time. If I get everything done as soon as I can, I can be in bed by 9 and read until 9:30 or 10.
- Get any projects I have done as soon as they are assigned.
- Keep all A's, of course!
Also, here are some other things I want to do for a better year.
- Exercise as often as possible. As long as I don't have too much going on, I can do even just small things on the Wii Fit. If it's a Saturday or I have lots of time, I can run or ride my bike. Along with this, I will eat healthy (though normally I do anyway, so that won't be hard). I really want another six pack.
- Practice piano every day.
- Continue saying my prayers every morning and night, but always be more meaningful and not repetitive.
- Read the Book of Mormon every day. I already do this, but I want to follow the program from YW that I used earlier last year that will help me be more diligent. It is set up to finish it in 100 days, so that way I could read the whole thing at least three times this year. If not, I want to start the Doctrine and Covenants or read more of the Bible.
- Go to the temple at least once a month.
- Finish my Personal Progress by New Beginnings. If I can just sit down every Sunday and see what I can get done, it will happen.
- Blog as often as possible. Church leaders are always saying how important it is journal, and this blog basically is my journal. Eventually I want to print it into a book so I can keep it forever. Especially today after I was looking at family genealogy, I realized that we don't know much about many of our ancestors. They seem so distant and unreal. I don't want to be one of those millions that just completely fade away into nothing after death, once a few generations pass. A journal can prevent that.
So the above were things to make a less stressful, healthier, testimony-building resolutions. This year there are still many things I want to happen.
- Finish at least the first draft of Destiny.
- Try out for cheer as a Freshman.
- Perform in at least one play.
- Make lots of friends.
- Singing.
- Art.
I also look forward to:
- Watching Rachel in Adam in Peter Pan and Wendy- Adam is Peter!
- Taking the two-week trip along the East Coast, starting with April's wedding.
- Our family reunion at the Rockin' R Ranch. I haven't been to one since I was not quite eleven.
Oh, how quickly life is flying by! But I will make it the best one!

No comments:
Post a Comment