Sunday, January 30, 2011

Update of the Week

  • I got sick with a cold.  I turned my fan on one night (bad mistake) and ended up with a sore throat, which then formed into a real head cold by Tuesday.  Not fun when you have not only school, but a game to cheer at until 6 at the earliest (I had to mouth the words part of the time, and coughed a lot when I actually was able to yell).  I had a fever when my mom felt my head after picking me up.  Luckily the day I skipped was a half day and also Career Day, so I had no make-up work whatsoever.  I am better now but still not best.
  • At the game, the fire alarm went off not thirty seconds after it started.  The fire-alarm is this extremely shrill sound that hurts your ears.  We all had to evacuate, and then filed back inside after five minutes when it was fine.   Then the only time we have ever lost is against Mesquite, and we did this time again.  Ironically, the only times us cheerleaders have ever messed up extremely bad on our half time routine was at with Mesquite too.  The first time it was because someone didn't put the song on at the wrong time, and it's a repetitive song, so we got really confused.  This time we had people mess up on their tumbling, and both stunts were bad.  The flyer fell out (but got caught) of one stunt, and in mine the girl who was replacing an absent girl didn't get to our stunt until the end, so we just had to stand there awkwardly.  The good thing is that Thursday's game was exciting, going over time, and we won.
  • On Friday, three stakes were invited to listen to President Monson's daughter speak.   Although we arrived late and it was short, it was really neat.  There was a peacefulness settled  over the room as her words of wisdom filled the air.
  • That night, Rachel, Adam, and I tried out for Jekyll and Hyde.        

No comments: