Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Art of Smile-Making

I have had several things this week that have just been fantastic.

  • On Tuesday, we had a choir concert.  All the music was completely amazing.  The songs we did were O Lovely Peace, Sigh No More, and Come Pretty Love.  As I said before, I was part of a trio in the beginning of the last one.  Oh, man! did I feel like I climbed up the ladder to a whole new level!  I had no fear whatsoever, yet there was an audience of probably 500 people!
  • On Wednesday, there were three things.  The first was that I found out that I won second place for the creative writing portion of the writing contest.  Originally I thought it was for the actual contest, but I found out it was just at the school level.  Apparently it actually has to be a winner at the school to go to the real contest, but still.  BTY... the real contest is the one I entered twice with poems in elementary school.  Also, my Honors English class won first place for the class book portion.  Since we were reading Night, we wrote poems about the Holocaust.  Now I just have to find out what the district thinks!  I don't know exactly what the prizes are, but I would love to win!  I have never won anything before, even though my cousins have more than once (Paige was just in Boston for winning an art contest, and was also shown on TV and got an autograph from a professional basketball player.  Lucky amazing girl!).
  • Then as soon as I got home from school, Mom informed me that we will be leaving for Boston during the spring break.  We are getting a new Coton puppy which we will name Ziva.  While we are there, we will also visit the Menzies. Christina and I have known each other since we were two and share Sugar and Spice, our fictional writing blog.  We haven't seen each other in years!  Mom and I weren't sure when exactly we'd leave, but decided to go on a plane that leaves at 10 at night.  That way we can sleep for the whole seven hours there and not feel like we are wasting time.  I also haven't been on a plane since I went to Utah to see Grandma and Grandpa Lundgreen by myself when I was eight.  Oh, I am so thrilled!
  • Right before I went to Mutual, I also found out that I was actually an alternate in Jekyll and Hyde.  There were two girls in the ensemble who quit, so I got to take one of their places.  Unfortunately I am only in three scenes, but it will still be super fun.  I have already been to two rehearsals and have quickly made up for the month that I missed.  I love that era and cannot wait to actually be on stage with my costume and such things.
Oh, what a fabulous couple of days it was!


    No comments: