Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Mixed Emotions

  Today I had to leave school early for a dentist appointment.  Ummmm... yeah.  I found out that I HAVE to get braces.  FOR.  TWO.  STUPID.  TEETH.  They are in the very back, and they are diagonal, pressed extremely tight against the teeth beside them.  One is so tightly pressed that there might be decay, but they can't even tell.  One of the other things to be fixed is that my teeth are slightly pushed from when I sucked my thumb.   So yep.  I'm getting them on ASAP and they will be on for 11/2 - 2 years, plus a retainer for the rest of my life after that.  There's no getting around it.  I actually have people ask me if I have had braces before now because my teeth are so straight, but that's beside the point.   I was furious when I found out, but too bad so sad, apparently.
  When I got home, I had to do something (other than homework) to calm myself.  (Doesn't that sound so bad?  Normally I'm pretty positive, but two years of those suckers....)   So I went to the piano.  I love how music just takes the whole world away from your mind!  I immediately relaxed, and eventually I started straying from my lesson songs to do songs like "Clocks" or the Phantom of the Opera.  That way I could sing as I played.  If I know the song, that is basically my most favorite thing to do ever.  Then I dropped the piano and started testing my range.  I found out that I can sing from a low G to a high C (To be honest, I don't know which one is better-sounding- the G or the C.  I just know that I am definitely a soprano because, even though that is quite high, it's much easier that way.  My voice is a bit sore, but more from the low notes than the extremely high ones.)  Then Rachel started testing her range.  She is definitely an alto.
  But here is the best part.  Mom walked in- on the phone- when Rachel was in the middle of failing a high note!  We just hope that the person didn't hear... but...  Yes, we were definitely cracking up.  And my anger about the braces had definitely vanished.        

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Katie! i finally got a chance to take a look at your blog! It is so cute! I read the whole first page already! Thanks for inviting me to your blog! Ps. It is the cutest blog ever!