I heard a woman say in my ward that her patriarchal blessing prophesied off times- which she'd she- when the world being struck by natural disasters would not be uncommon. At the time it had seemed so unreal for her. There would be years in between earthquakes and the like!
Yet here we are. We have seen the destruction at Haiti. An earthquake in California shook the chandelier in my Arizona house. And more. But on Friday we witnessed the worst yet. Japan was hit by an 8.9 earthquake which triggered a 23-foot tsunami. Whole buildings were swept away... and now I think two nuclear power plants have exploded. 10,000 have died. The picture shows Japan before and after the disaster.
How frightening it must be! To, without warning, be suddenly terrorized by something no one can even try to stop? The people aren't even asking for food- just coffins to bury all the thousands of bodies! Yet here I am, typing away at the computer with nothing to worry about. I want to do something- NOW! Although I can't stop the wrath of nature, there is always money, food, clothes, etc. that can be donated.
And chances are, the 2nd Coming is all the closer.


No comments:
Post a Comment