Thursday, April 21, 2011

Basically Friday/Family in Town

  I am very pleased to announce that tomorrow is off of school in honor of Easter.  How nice it is to have a break for once!
  Right now Aunt Susan and my almost-seventeen-year-old cousin Ben are staying with us.  Grandma and Grandpa Lundgreen are staying with my other cousins.  It's been fabulous to have them here, though a bit difficult to deal with all the homework and the two hard tests today.  We have been staying up late having intense conversations about life, and then I'll remember, "Oh, shoot!  I need to study!"  Oh well.  Cause now, we can spend the rest of their trip having just plain fun.  (Then they'll leave on Sunday morning and I'll have to do all of next week's three projects at once.  I swear, I'm not a procrastinator.)
  Anyway, last Sunday we "celebrated Easter" since they leave the actual day.  On Monday, everyone went to dinner at the Mexican Market, which is basically like a little sliver of Mexico.  I feel like I'm the foreigner there!  It's really neat.  Then on Tuesday we went to Bass Pro Shops, and the highlight of the whole thing was Ben, Rachel, and I got to sit next to "the Easter Bunny" and take a picture.  It was hilarious how ticked off Rachel was that we forced her to do it.  I realize I would have behaved squirmish and "too cool" a year ago like that, but I've learned by now that life is about having fun and being silly every once in a while.  Yesterday we didn't really do anything major, but Rachel, Mom and I went to Mutual to start putting our GC skit together.  We've majorly spoofed and are lip-singing Phantom of the Opera, and I'm really excited because I was chose to be Christine.  It's going to be hilarious!  Also, when I got home I did thirty leg lifts on the pull up bar without stopping!  Today, Eric is celebrating his birthday at GolfLand.  While he goes off and parties, Ben, Rachel, Adam, and I are going to go off on our own.  I can't wait for laser tag!
  It's been a great week.
  And by the way... I got nailed in the face by a roll today.

No comments: