Last Saturday was the end of our play, Jekyll and Hyde. It was so fun to perform and share our talents (although I had one line and was in three scenes). I love that era, and felt so pretty in my Victorian outfit, which was a a long-sleeved, high-collared, white blouse with a long green skirt and petticoats that swished on the ground, gloves, shawls, and my hair pinned up in a style that was so fancy I couldn't describe it. It was also fun to use my British accent and act all proper and rich. {The one scene where I talked, I was with two other girls. One was my age (We didn't have names in the play, but her real name is Anna.), the other nine (Courtlynn). Anna and I spoke to each other enthusiastically about a handsome man at a dance the night before, Courtlynn, my "little sister," completely out of the conversation. Then Charlie, Jekyll's delivery boy (played by my life-time friend Tyler Ray) walked in front of us, trying to grab our attention by juggling. In the play, he was a terribly poor teen. Seeing how young and desolate he was, Anna and I gave him a look of disgust and walked around him, but Courtlynn's eyes grew wide with excitement and she tried to go after him. Instead, I dragged her along, saying "Oh, hurry along!"} Anyway, here are some pictures from the play. Jykyll and Hyde was a very scary play, with five murders (three on stage) and a suicide, so you can see that in one of the pics.
PS... I found out that my not getting in the play originally was a mistake. Apparently I had done really well. Before they let me in the play, Brandon, who played Hyde, actually pulled the directer aside and asked "why the girl I auditioned with didn't get in the play because she was really good?" Like I said in an earlier post, I used my British accent in my audition and actually pushed him during the part when I was supposed to pretend to take out a gun. Of course, I DO NOT SAY THIS AT ALL PRIDEFULLY! I just really appreciate the director telling us that, because it means a lot to me.





No comments:
Post a Comment