So on Monday we found out that we had an essay exam in social studies that had to be written without any notes or anything. He gave us the possible essay questions, so I chose the one about the start of WWII. The night before the essay I wrote the whole thing and got it memorized it. Literally, as I wrote the test on Wednesday, I just had to pull the words from my memory as if out of of book, and hardly had to think about it. 100%, I elatedly found out today.
Also, last Thursday Mr. Hickman FINALLY started the solo auditions for a part in the song For Good, from Wicked. He kept saying two weeks prior to that that he would do it, and then postponing it. Anyway, he did it. Almost everyone in the choir tried out that first day. The funny thing was, he chose a really strange, difficult part of the song that I didn't even know was solo. My voice kept cracking, but so did everyone else's, and he kept having me sing. Then the next day he did the good solo part, but only tried two girls (the solo actually was split into two parts). I asked him at the end of class if we would have more people try out. He said yes, and by his tone of voice I inferred that he was going to have me try. This was true and... drumroll.... I got the solo with one of my best choir friends, Dae (who was actually in the trio with me in the last concert)!!! We were both so excited because Broadway is "our music type." And let me tell you, Dae is really good, with gorgeous vibrato. Even long before the try-outs I knew she would get one of the parts.
Yesterday was the day of the concert. It went really well, and I wasn't even slightly scared, though just months ago I would've been terrified!

No comments:
Post a Comment