- Well, first off, that I am writing this right now while I have a thousand things of homework. But that's only because I absolutely cannot figure it out and am waiting for Mom to get home and help me.
- In Spanish, we had to get in groups of two and create a lesson about a certain concept to the class. My partner and I taught it through a skit. Well, naturally I took over and created the whole thing, the script and the handout to go with it, making sure it was perfect. I don't mind that kind of stuff. So, we performed today, and I made sure everything was super dramatic and funny. But only halfway through the entire thing, my partner said, "Okay! I'll hand out the worksheet now!" What?!!!! I gave her a look of bewilderment and tried to discreetly let her know that she had skipped a ton of the skit/lesson. She didn't understand. So I broke my character, tossed any thought of the rest of the storyline over my shoulder, and taught the rest of the lesson just plain (which was really awkward). Yeah... well I just checked Snapgrades and found out that we got 25 POINTS docked off! It's a only B, but in my world, that makes a huge difference, especially when it lowered my overall grade in the class down two percent. So much for all that hard work! Oh well.... What can I do... I forgive her...
- In Social Studies, the class listened to the song We Didn't Start the Fire. It is basically a blob of names and events and simply random things from 1949-1989. Well, we had to get into groups of six and write a new version of the song, from 1990-present. The group I ended up was not doing anything the first day of working on it, so yesterday I decided to go home and write the whole thing myself. Then today I found out that it was supposed to have some internal rhyming. That wouldn't be too hard to change a few things around, I figured. So you'd think that, since I wrote the entire song by myself, that they'd think they should probably help me fix up the internal rhyming. Nope! Only one out of all my five group members helped me! Hey, at least it gives me more control of the assignment and thus my grade!
- Tonight was the Hurricanes Award Night. For the second year in a row, I have gotten an award from a teacher I totally did not expect. This time it was math, which is by far my lowest grade (though still an A) and my least favorite subject. At the same time, I was awarded for working as hard as I can, which I really do try to do, even if I make really stupid mistakes on some of the tests sometimes.
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
Ironies of the Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment